Olorzxx, Elemental of Water Aug 22, 2014 11:55:03 GMT
Post by Twilight on Aug 22, 2014 11:55:03 GMT
Name }- Olorzxx
- Sea Monster
Various sea gods
Siren (yes really)
Age }- Ageless
Gender }- Male
Sexuality }- Bisexual
Alignment }- Selfish
Rank }- Elemental
Element }- Water
- In all honesty, Olorzxx does not need the powers he was born into. His size and strength are more then sufficient to survive and win the majority of battles he finds himself in on occasion. His jaws can crunch through metal, and his limbs can smash solid rock, after all.
He has full control of any source of water however, and even water in places most would never think about. Such as pulling water from deep with the ice of the Ice territory, or out of the air in the Time deserts. Creativity is key in his element and despite his outward appearance and cold personality, he is exceptionally creative in this sense.
Although he is fully capable of seeing, in the ocean and in the deep darkness of his trench home, Olorzxx finds it far more affective to use echolocation, like a dolphin. His sonar can stretch for nearly a mile and give him a sense for everything in the surrounding area, and identify anything that can be considered food for a creature as big as himself. It can be sensitive enough to 'see' each individual fish in the area, but because of his size, Olorzxx will only go after schools of said fish if the group is large enough, as he is able to swallow whole schools in a single gulp.
Olorzxx is also a surprisingly good singer, often luring prey toward the ocean with sweet songs like the mythical sirens, which were actually conceived from his songs and his habit of eating whomever came to answer him. Sorry sailors, there is no beautiful maiden waiting for you in the seas.
Olorzxx's prescense also makes human devices malfunction. Radars, radios, GPS, and other devices get scrambled around him. Regular maps get soggy due to a sudden change in humidity, and the ink runs. If he's in the area, humans and other dragons often get edgy, simply because he's there.
- The first thing anyone notices about Olorzxx is normally his size, or more accurately, the size of his jaws as he emerges from the deep oceans toward the surface and tries to snap up any and everyone for a meal. Possibly one of the largest elementals, Olorzxx is large enough to prey on anything within the ocean or on land, which he takes advantage of frequently. Because of his massive size, Olorzxx must continuously eat large prey in order to have the energy to move around.
His body is colored with the same concept of a great white shark, with a pale underside and a darker dorsal side. His scales are tiny in comparison to his body, about the size of two human hands places side by side, and incredibly tough and serve similarly to chain mail armor. In coloring, he is overall fairly uninteresting these days. His scales have been stained brown and bronze, but whenever he takes the time to polish his scales to their former glory, as his rider had often been fond of doing in the past, he is shockingly pale, white underneath and silver on top, flying through the deep black oceans like a ghost.
Olorzxx is lit up in the darkness by diamond shaped spots of luminescent blue, trailing down his sides from the back of his skull for the end of his massive rudder-like tail. These glow brighter depending on how dark his surroundings are, the shine almost unnoticeable in the shallow waters where the sun can shine on them. His eyes and the ends of his long whisker lures are a different case however, able to keep glowing at the will of the elemental to bring prey closer to his jaws before striking.
Olorzxx is crafted like many creatures of the deep, with fins and flippers taking the place of legs and his eyes fixed open, round as a fish's and unblinking. His eyelids are clear and do little to hinder his sight, part of why he lives in the deep blackness of the ocean. An interesting fact is that, while his wings are primarily used as flippers to glide through water, they are large and able enough to power him in flight over short distances, though it is awkward and he much prefers to just vanish into large bodies of water, taking advantage of the fact that all rivers, streams, and lakes eventually lead to the ocean.
- Olorzxx is different then he had been in ages past. When he had Sorina, he was much more docile and never resorted to eating creations or the biological children of the other elementals. He would often come to the surface with her to have conversations with the dragons on land, the mermaid making lots of friends among the land bound creatures. Though she was half fish, she was not bound to the oceans like the rest of her kind, thanks to the powers of Olorzxx. He would fabricate her legs out of water and sea foam that could carry her on land so long as she remained within a mile of the sea.
After the death of his rider, Olorzxx became cold and ruthless, sometimes beyond reason. He is extremely blunt and his words can cut just as deeply as any blade when he speaks to creations, almost as if he is intentionally trying to hit them where it hurts the worst, to make them feel even a fraction of his pain. He blames them for the death of his beloved, even creations that he has made himself after the fact.
He has a very deep and dark personality, which makes him a bit hard to reason with at times. He delights in the thrill of the hunt and watching prey foolishly come toward his lures simply because they 'look pretty.' If those poor souls get close enough, and if he is feeling merciful, they would be dead in an instant from the first snap of his jaws. If he is feeling particularly malicious, he can open his mouth and throat wide enough to swallow most other dragons, and submarines whole, pulling the water in and expelling it through his gills to create a suction current to pull the other dragon in deeper, swallowing them whole and very much alive. By this point they would be fortunate if they are not gifted with the ability to breathe underwater, so they could drown peacefully in his stomach before being digested.
Occasionally there have been cases where Olorzxx will develop a soft spot for a creature he has associated with, and that is as close as he comes to the concept of a friend. Some believe that is is still possible to stop his full scale slaughter of dragons for food and vengeance if asked by one of these fortunate few, where he must decide if he is to continue his rampant slaughter, or spare others on the word of this 'friend'. Aside from this tiny hint that he does indeed have a heart still in his chest, he is utterly cold and sometimes even kills those on his side of an argument if they get in his way. He is without question mad, full of spite and vengeance.
Those who are not lucky enough to be considered his friend or 'sibling' are instead seen as links to the one that killed his sweet Sorina. They may claim to fear, but he shall show them true terror!
- Mother }-- Spirit of the Moon
Father }-- Spirit of Darkness
Full Siblings }--
Half Siblings }--
- Tivialous (Light Elemental)
Ysera (Earth Elemental)
Eien (Death Elemental)
Astraeus (Air Elemental)
Adutaine (Time Elemental)
Izett (Fire Elemental)
Fazoola (Life Elemental)
- Criss (with Izett)
- To many to list.
- - Created alongside the other elementals.
- Had over a dozen human and elf riders, though they were more tools to learn the ways of the world and to spy on the land dwellers. They often die young as he either allows them to drown or abandons them in the middle of the ocean.
- Meets Sorina, his last rider, while hunting mermaids. She avoided death by not fearing him and instead charming him with compliments that were genuine and not pleading. She quickly made him grow to like her and he made her his new rider.
- Often plays games with the young mermaid, like hide and seek and tag, making him feel like a newborn again. He also becomes more social with her influence. Even makes her legs with his water element and allows her to wander around on land, influencing the story of the Little Mermaid, though she didn't die when she jumped into the water, simply returned to her Olory.
- Olorzxx went hunting one evening, and returned to Sorina missing. He searched for her until a scent of blood led him to her body on the beach, reeking with the scent of a Creation. In his grief, he nearly bombarded the island of dragons with tsunamis, wanting to pull all the land down into the sea and make them all pay.
- He stops his attack when he remembers that Sorina had many friends on the land, but even then and to this day, he devours creations, sons, and daughters alike as a form of vengeance toward the one who killed his rider. He doesn't know who killed her or if they still live, but he won't stop regardless of this. One of his latest victims is the dark creation, Nex.
- He has a son with the Fire elemental Izzet, but does not show much love toward either of them.
Roleplay Sample }-
- "Olory! Come out, come out! Where are you hiding?"
The voice echoed through Olorzxx's mind as he flapped his flipper wings and lashed out his tail to swim deeper into the sea, undulating his body much like a dolphin would as he went. He had long since past the point of pitch blackness, but his kept unleashing pulses of ultrasonic waves through the water, creating a near three dimensional image in his mind of the surrounding area. He saw a school of deep sea fish darting around in unison as if to make themselves appear to be one massive organism, a shark like creature swim toward him and then darting away with a flick of the tail like a frightened gold fish. Hundreds upon hundreds of bottom dwelling creatures already burying themselves or scurrying away as they sensed his arrival. Many fled to the very place he was headed, for they knew it as a safe haven from the terror that was Olorzxx. Safe if they arrive there before him, at least.
Olorzxx swept his tail through the water one last time before swimming into the massive cave, his presence triggering the lanterns of scales to glow blue, each one crafted by the delicate hands of the one he had once loved so dearly. "Oolloorrryyy~" the voice in his mind echoed and massive elemental shook his head to clear it before he swam through the massive cavern and its honeycombed walls that were filled to the brim with the hoard he had collected over the centuries. He swam over to one near the top, opening his mouth to deposit new piles of treasure, from the ship he had recently caught. Once he had positioned this new treasure to his liking, he swam down toward the bottom, so low that his talon tipped flippers were able to grip the gold and jeweled ground.
In the center, on a mountain of treasure, lay his most precious possession, the thing that tormented him constantly but he couldn't part with. Sorina, the only rider he ever truly had a bond with. Despite his efforts to preserve her beauty, her body had long since turned to bones, bleached pearly white by the gentle cleaning Olorzxx often did to help steady his mind. This was one of the few times the massive dragon exercised tenderness, as he didn't want to break even the smallest bones in the body of the skeleton.
As the glow of the lanterns faded and made the cavern pitch black, Olorzxx's massive jaws parted and he sang a soft tune:
Child born of the tide,
Let your dreams see no fright.
As I hold you near,
sleep tender my dear.
Let your dreams see no fright.
As I hold you near,
sleep tender my dear.